Do you want beautiful smooth skin without wrinkles? Would you like to look several years younger? Asklepion is a prominent Czech clinic of aesthetic medicine that performs facelifts - an effective surgical intervention that rejuvenates the appearance of the face and neck. Our professional team of surgeons can stop the unsightly ageing of your skin, remove wrinkles or flabby skin and muscles. Make your appointmentand take the next step towards a younger appearance.
What is a facelift and who is it suitable for?
A facelift is the most radical surgical method for tightening wrinkles on the face and neck. The result of the surgery is a significantly younger appearance and a fresh expression on the face.
To get that younger appearance Asklepion also performs:
- Plastic surgery of the face and neck
- Plastic surgery of the forehead
We can provide detailed information about all types of lifting procedures.
For whom is a facelift unsuitable?
We do not recommend facelifts to clients with serious health problems, with rolls of fat, or to clients whose skin undergoes serious dermal changes (for example as a result of herpes). Your skin must be of a sufficiently good quality to qualify for a facelift.
What does a facelift involve?
- A facelift is performed under partial or total anaesthesia.
- A facelift requires 1 to 2 days hospitalization and 10 to 14 days extensive recovery.
- The process starts with the total disinfection of the face and hair. The incision is led from the hairline at the temple downwards, in front of the ear auricle or behind the ear valve, around the ear lobe into the crease behind the ear towards the scalp.
- We then loosen the skin of the face and neck from its base, make measurements and remove the excess skin.
- As part of the process, we perform SMASS (lifting and strengthening of the muscular subcutaneous structure). This is performed through plication (gathering), resection or the removal of the loosened subcutaneous structure and subsequently sewing it together with absorbent stitches.
- The final stage involves meticulously sewing the edges of the skin together with intradermal stitches on visible locations and single stitches in the hair and behind the auricles.
- Both absorbable and non-absorbable materials are used. In most cases, it is necessary to apply soft tubular drains to drain any blood away.
- The plastic surgery is completed with the application of a capeline bandage around the head.
A facelift can be combined with eyelid surgery and double chin liposuction.
How do you prepare for a facelift?
1) Make an appointment with our plastic surgeon.
2) One week prior to the planned surgery you must provide us with results of both a laboratory and internal preoperative examination. You can undergo the examination at your general practitioner or directly at our clinic one day before the surgery. You must take into account that in this case the surgery might be postponed if the results are not within acceptable limits.
3) Do not take any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid, which influences blood coagulation, for at least three weeks prior to the surgery.
4) You should be fit and healthy and not have had any acute illnesses e.g. cold or viral infection, for at least two to three weeks prior to the planned surgery. Smokers should also temporarily give up smoking. Smoking significantly slows down the healing process.
5) You must come to the surgery on an empty stomach (the patient should not eat, drink or smoke for at least 8 hours prior to the surgery), at the agreed time, clean, with washed hair and no make-up.
6) After the surgery, you will stay at the clinic overnight and will be released for home treatment the following morning with an elastic bandage around the head.
7) We recommend that you arrange help and transport by car when leaving for home treatment.
What do you have to do after a facelift?
- After the surgery, it is necessary to rest for 7 to 10 days at home. We will provide you with antibiotics and medicines to reduce the swelling. You must not forget to take them regularly.
- For the first 4 to 5 days, do not bend or turn your head sharply. Each movement must be done very slowly. The swelling will be the biggest on the third day after the surgery, after that it will successively lessen.
- You must keep the elastic bandage on for 4 to 5 days after the surgery. Once this period has passed, you can wash your face and head - use normal shampoo and let your hair dry naturally. Do not use a hair dryer. Wash your face regularly every day for the next 4 days. Be careful around the ears where you have the stitches.
- After washing your face and head, the healing process continues without bandages. Use a scarf or an elastic halter at night.
- About 3 weeks after the surgery you can start to perform pressure massages, at least 3 times per day for 15 minutes. We will advise you on how to perform the massages and when to start with them. The massages quicken the healing process.
- After 14 days you can use make-up.
- Sport and physical exercise are possible 6 weeks after the surgery.
- Going to the sauna or solarium is forbidden for the first 2 or 3 months.
- If the scar is pigmented, it is necessary to protect it from the sun, otherwise the changes in pigment could become permanent.
- The healing time and appearance of the scars is very individual. The scars are pink to start with and with time turn paler. The massages quicken the healing process.
- The stabilization of the scars often takes up to one year, especially around the auricle.
- You will be regularly invited for postoperative examinations. We will work to ensure that the result corresponds to your expectations.
Do you have any questions about facelifts? If you do, don´t hesitate to contact our specialists in confidence. Make an appointmenttoday.