Are you displeased with the appearance of your arms? Are you worried about loose skin or thick arms? The solution is an arm lift. Why not take the first step towards dealing with the problem. Arrange a consultationwith our specialists.
What is an arm lift and who is it suitable for?
An arm lift solves the aesthetic imperfections of the arms e.g. loose skin caused by a loss of elasticity.
Ageing manifests itself with a loss of skin elasticity and a successive loss of muscular mass. The skin on the arms loosens and when you raise your arms, it looks flabby.
Weight loss has a similar effect. The reduction in the subcutaneous fat layer results in the loosening of the skin on the arms, which results in the rapid appearance of excessive skin and skin folding.
What does an arm lift involve?
An arm lift is a surgical intervention to remove loose, excessive skin from the arms. This may also include a reduction in excessive subcutaneous fat. At the Asklepion Clinic, we tighten the loosened skin through BodyTiteradiofrequency liposuction. This methods helps the loosened fibres above the treated area to contract.
After the surgery, you will stay at the clinic overnight and will be released for home treatment the following afternoon.
How do you prepare for an arm lift?
1) The first part of the process is a consultationwith our plastic surgeon. They will carefully assess the state of your arms and will suggest what steps can be undertaken to rejuvenate them.
2) One week prior to the planned surgery you must provide us with results of both a laboratory and internal preoperative examination. You can undergo the examination at your general practitioner or directly at our clinic one day before the surgery. You must take into account that in this case the surgery might be postponed if the results are not within acceptable limits.
3) Do not take any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid, which influences blood coagulation, for at least three weeks prior to the surgery.
4) You should be fit and healthy and not have had any acute illnesses e.g. cold or viral infection, for at least two to three weeks prior to the planned surgery. Smokers should also temporarily give up smoking. Smoking significantly slows down the healing process.
5) You must come to the surgery on an empty stomach (the patient should not eat, drink or smoke for at least 8 hours prior to the surgery), at the agreed time, clean, with washed hair and no make-up.
6) We recommend that you arrange help and transport by car when leaving for home treatment.
What do you have to do after an arm lift?
- After the surgery, it is necessary to rest for 7 to 14 days at home.
- We will provide you with antibiotics and medicines to reduce the swelling. You must not forget to take them regularly
- You must wear elastic bandages for 4 to 5 days after the surgery. Once this period has passed, you can have a shower. The bandage must be replaced and worn constantly for 6 weeks after the surgery. They may only be removed for having a shower.
- Do not remove the plasters from the wounds. They will be changed during the postoperative examination at Asklepion.
- The stitches are absorbable so there is no need to take them out.
- About 2 weeks after the surgery you can start pressure massages. We will advise you on how to perform the massages of the scars and when exactly to start with them. The massages quicken the healing process.
- Sport and physical exercise are possible 6 to 8 weeks after the surgery.
- Going to the sauna or solarium are forbidden for the first 2 or 3 months.
- If the scar is pigmented, it is necessary to protect it from the sun, otherwise the change in pigment could become permanent.
- The healing time and the appearance of the scars is very individual. The scars are pink to start with and with time turn paler.
- The stabilization of the scars often takes up to one year.
- You will be regularly invited for postoperative examinations. We will work to ensure that the result corresponds to your expectations.
Do you have and further questions about arm lifts? If you do, don´t hesitate to contact our specialists. Make an appointment today.