Do you regret having your tattoo done? Would you like to get rid of your tattoo because you do not like it anymore? The dermatologists at Asklepion are ready to help. Make an appointmentand find out how we can effectively remove the unwanted tattoo for you.
What is the procedure for tattoo removal?
Tattoo removal is performed with special lasers. The laser splits the coloured pigments of the tattoo into little parts with short pulses to the skin.
Complete tattoo removal requires more treatments over a longer period of time. It is not possible to remove it in one session. The pigmentation is applied in several layers and the laser has to split them one by one. In addition, there must be a six-week break between the sessions for the body to cope with the intervention.
- For a common non-professional tattoo: 1 to 3 sessions
- For a professional tattoo: 3 to 4 sessions
- In extreme cases: 6 to 8 sessions
What instruments are used for tattoo removal?
At Asklepion we work with the most modern lasers. These lasers can remove a tattoo within several sessions, with a minimum amount of pain, with no bleeding and no scarring.
- The combined ruby laser Nd:YAG laser Q-Plus produces exceptional results - it radiates up to 3 wavelengths (10694 nm, 532 nm, 694 nm) and can therefore effectively strike and actively remove the different colours of a tattoo or permanent make-up.
- The AlexLAZR is the master of laser tattoo removal - it shoots the tattoo pigments into pieces in a billionth of second. It can even partially deal with tints of green. However, it is not suitable for removing tints of red and yellow.
What to do after tattoo removal?
- The skin may swell and be slightly red - both will fade or disappear within two days.
- Avoid direct sunlight for some time.
- Treat the area with a greasy ointment.
- Avoid saunas or public swimming pools.
- Let the treated area breathe and do not wear tight clothes for a few days.
Do you want to get rid of that unsightly tattoo as soon as you can? Make an appointment for a consultation and entrust yourself to the care of our specialists at the Asklepion Clinic. We also remove pigment spots and moles.