Do you want slimmer thighs? Are you displeased with the saggy look of the skin on your thighs? Plastic surgery can provide the solution. Make an appointment with our specialist and find out what possible ways there are to make your thighs look the way you want them.
What is a thigh lift and who is it suitable for?
A thigh lift involves the surgical removal of dermal mounds and folds in the area of thighs that are caused by saggy skin. The operation is suitable for those people who cannot achieve the same results through either liposuction or BodyTite radiofrequency liposuction, which would significantly tighten the skin above an area of loose skin. This is the case where the skin already lacks elasticity and is significantly loose as a result of rapid weight loss or regular swings in weight. Under these circumstances liposuction is not appropriate and a specialized thigh lift is required.
What does a thigh lift involve?
Incisions are made in the groove of the groin so that the scars are the least visible. Where the excess of skin is larger, the incision is led along the inner side of the thigh from the groin down to the knee. The final appearance of the scars is always individual.
How do you prepare for a thigh lift?
1) The first step is to attend a consultation with our plastic surgeon. They will carefully examine the appearance of your thighs and will suggest the steps needed to make them look more attractive look.
2) One week prior to the planned surgery you must provide us with results of both a laboratory and internal preoperative examination. You can undergo the examination at your general practitioner or directly at our clinic one day before the surgery. You must take into account that in this case the surgery might be postponed if the results are not within acceptable limits.
3) Do not take any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid, which influences blood coagulation, for at least three weeks prior to the surgery.
4) You should be fit and healthy and not have had any acute illnesses e.g. cold or viral infection, for at least two to three weeks prior to the planned surgery. Smokers should also temporarily give up smoking. Smoking significantly slows down the healing process.
5) You must come to the surgery on an empty stomach (the patient should not eat, drink or smoke for at least 8 hours prior to the surgery), at the agreed time, clean, with washed hair and no make-up.
6) We recommend that you arrange help and transport by car when leaving for home treatment.
What to do have to do after a thigh lift?
- After the surgery, it is necessary to rest for 10 to 14 days at home.
- We will provide you with antibiotics and medicines to reduce the swelling. You must not forget to take them regularly.
- You must wear elastic underwear for 4 to 5 days after surgery. After this period you can have a shower, replacing the elastic underwear when you have done so. It is necessary to wear the elastic underwear constantly for 6 weeks after the surgery. You can only take it off for the duration of the shower.
- Do not remove the plasters from the wounds. They will be changed during the postoperative examination at Asklepion.
- The stitches are absorbable so there is no need to take them out.
- About 3 weeks after the surgery you can start to perform pressure massages. We will advise you on how to perform the massages and when to start with them.
- Sport and physical exercise are possible 6 to 8 weeks after the surgery.
- Going to the sauna or solarium is forbidden for the first 2 or 3 months.
- If the scar is pigmented, it is necessary to protect it from the sun, otherwise the changes in pigment could become permanent.
- The appearance and healing of the scars are very individual. The scars are pink to start with and with time turn paler. The massages quicken the healing process.
- The stabilization of the scars often takes up to one year.
- You will be regularly invited for postoperative examinations. We will work to ensure that the result corresponds to your expectations.
Do you have any further questions with regards to thigh lifts? If you do, don´t hesitate to contact our specialists. Make an appointment today.