Even a generally slim person can have larger buttocks. This is not only caused by lifestyle, but also by genetics. The solutions include liposuction of the hips and plastic surgery of the buttocks. Make an appointment and find out which method is the most suitable for you.
What is plastic surgery of the buttocks and who is it suitable for?
In cases where a patient is not overweight, it is possible to approach the problem with plastic surgery of the buttocks and liposuction of the excessive fat. It is possible to remove an amount of fat from each buttock that is equivalent to a bag of flour.
At the Asklepion Clinic we use an oscillatory method of liposuction. During this procedure excessive fat cells are actually shaken out with the device.
For whom is the plastic surgery of the buttocks not suitable?
Adjustment of the buttocks through plastic surgery is not suitable for those who are obese. Exercising and healthy living are the first steps towards the change.
Our specialists can prepare an individual diet and exercise programme for you, which will help you on your way to the shape of buttocks you dream of. The consultation will include recommendations for the most suitable surgical intervention. Make an appointment with our clinic and find out quickly what the best approach is to lose the weight on your hips.
An alternative is to make use of our dermatological services, where we can shape and smoothen the skin on your buttocks through high quality body sculpting programmes and the use of cosmetic products. This includes popular packs, massages and peelings. We also achieve excellent results using body sculpting devices such as Cooltech, Dermosonic, LPG, Exilis or the use of radiofrequencies. These devices help to shape and improve blood circulation in the buttocks using a combination of ultrasound and vacuum massage. This form of therapy is also ideal for treating cellulite.
What does plastic surgery of the buttocks involve?
A liposuction cannula is inserted into the buttocks through a small incision (max. 1 cm long) in the skin. The locations of the incisions are chosen so that they are not visible (they will be hidden under a swimsuit or underwear).
The scars heal very well. The success of the entire surgery depends on the postoperative phase and patient´s care of the treated areas.
We also offer the unique combination of classic liposuction and BodyTite radiofrequency liposuction. The advantages of this are that the healing time is shorter, there is less bruising, less soreness and less likelihood of unevenness because of the smoothing of the subcutis.
Lipotransfer is also an option. This is quite a revolutionary method, whereby fat is transferred from the areas with too much, to the areas where it is required. During one intervention it is possible to have both liposuction on one body part and modelling of another - for example breast modelling.
How do you prepare for plastic surgery of the buttocks?
1) The start of the process is a consultation with your plastic surgeon. They will assess the appearance of your buttocks and determine what steps need to be taken to rejuvenate them.
2) One week prior to the planned surgery you must provide us with results of both a laboratory and internal preoperative examination. You can undergo the examination at your general practitioner or directly at our clinic one day before the surgery. You must take into account that in this case the surgery might be postponed if the results are not within acceptable limits.
3) Do not take any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid, which influences blood coagulation, for at least three weeks prior to the surgery.
4) You should be fit and healthy and not have had any acute illnesses e.g. cold or viral infection, for at least two to three weeks prior to the planned surgery. Smokers should also temporarily give up smoking. Smoking significantly slows down the healing process.
5) You must come to the surgery on an empty stomach (the patient should not eat, drink or smoke for at least 8 hours prior to the surgery), at the agreed time, clean, with washed hair and no make-up.
6) We recommend you arrange help and transport by car when leaving for home treatment.
What do you have to do after plastic surgery of the buttocks?
- After the surgery, it is necessary to rest for 7 to 10 days at home. We will provide you with antibiotics and medicines to reduce the swelling. You must not forget to take them regularly.
- You can take a shower about 4 or 5 days after the surgery. We recommend you only take off the elastic underwear for the time needed for personal hygiene. You must wear the elastic underwear constantly for 6 weeks after the surgery.
- Do not remove the plasters from the wounds. These will be changed during the postoperative examination at Asklepion.
- The stitches are absorbent so there is no need to take them out.
- About 2 weeks after the surgery you can start to perform pressure massages. We will advise you on how to perform the massages and when to start with them. The massages quicken the healing process.
- Sport and physical exercise are possible 6 weeks after the surgery.
- Going to the sauna or solarium are forbidden for the first 2 or 3 months after the operation.
- If the scar is pigmented, it is necessary to protect it from the sun, otherwise the changes in pigment could become permanent.
- The healing time after surgery and the appearance of the scars is individual. At first, the scars are pink and successively become paler.
- Stabilization of the scars often takes up to a year.
- You will be regularly invited for postoperative examinations. We will work to ensure that the result corresponds to your expectations.
Do you have any further questions with regards to plastic surgery of the buttocks, or about other methods to lose weight on the hips and buttocks? If you do, don´t hesitate to contact our specialists. Make an appointment