Do you want to take centimetres off your waste and get bigger breasts at the same time? This and more is possible with the revolutionary method of liposuction called Lipotransfer. You can learn more below on how we use unwanted fat to improve other body parts.
What is lipotransfer and who is it suitable for?
Lipotransfer is a unique method to get rid of unwanted fat in areas where it is not attractive, and use it for filling other areas where it will be attractive.
Human fat is the best implant material because the body does not need to accept anything strange, only its own cells. This is why you can combine liposuction with modelling of other body parts - for example breast modelling. The body will accept its own cells without any complications because the application is done through small injections into the skin.
Recovery takes only a very short time (1 to 2 weeks). The greatest advantage of liposuction combined with for example breast enlargement, is their natural appearance. On top of that, the breasts remain soft. With the use of the Cytori Puregraft system, the number of cells remaining in the body increases. The body absorbs a maximum of 20 % of the transferred fat.
What does Lipotransfer involve?
- Lipotransfer is performed under total anaesthesia and takes approximately 2 - 3 hours.
- The fat is suctioned from a chosen part of the body by liposuction and then adjusted. This process separates the fat and stem cells from the useless and unsuitable substances.
- The patient´s adjusted fat is then used as a natural filler of the highest quality in other body parts.
- The resulting solution is applied into the breasts, buttocks or face through small injections.
How do prepare for liposuction?
1) Make an appointment with our plastic surgeon.
2) One week prior to the planned surgery you must provide us with results of both a laboratory and internal preoperative examination. You can undergo the examination at your general practitioner or directly at our clinic one day before the surgery. You must take into account that in this case the surgery might be postponed if the results are not within acceptable limits.
3) Do not take any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid, which influences blood coagulation, for at least three weeks prior to the surgery.
4) You should be fit and healthy and not have had any acute illnesses e.g. cold or viral infection, for at least two to three weeks prior to the planned surgery. Smokers should also temporarily give up smoking. Smoking significantly slows down the healing process.
5) You must come to the surgery on an empty stomach (the patient should not eat, drink or smoke for at least 8 hours prior to the surgery), at the agreed time, clean, with washed hair and no make-up.
6) After the surgery, you will stay at the clinic overnight and be released the following afternoon for home treatment.
7) We recommend you arrange help and transport by car when leaving for home treatment.
What do you have to do after liposuction?
- After the surgery, it is necessary to rest for 7 to 10 days at home. We will provide you with antibiotics and medicines to reduce the swelling. You must not forget to take them regularly.
- You can take a shower about 4 or 5 days after the surgery. You can apply ointments such as Heparoid or Hirudoid to the bruises. This will help the body to absorb the bruises quickly.
- We recommend you only take off the elastic underwear for the time needed for personal hygiene.
- You must wear the elastic underwear constantly for 6 weeks after the surgery.
- About 2 or 3 weeks after the surgery you can start to perform pressure massages - at least 3 times per day for 20 minutes. We will advise you on how to perform the massages and when to start with them. Massages quicken the healing process.
- Sport and physical exercise are possible 6 weeks after the surgery.
- Going to the sauna or solarium is forbidden for the first 2 or 3 months.
- If the skin is pigmented, it is necessary to protect it from the sun, otherwise the changes in pigment could become permanent.
- The healing time after surgery is individual. Swellings and bruises usually persist for 2 weeks, before subsequently fading away.
- Stabilization of the scars often takes up to a year.
- You will be regularly invited for postoperative examinations. We will work to ensure that the result corresponds to your expectations.
Do you have any further questions with regards to Lipotransfer, or generally about liposuction? If you do, don´t hesitate to contact our specialists. Make an appointment today.