Are you interested in new liposuction techniques? Do you suffer from flabby skin? Is classic liposuction
not suitable for you? Make an appointment
with our specialist and discuss the possibilities of using BodyTite liposuction.
What does BodyTite liposuction involve and who is it suitable for?
It is a method of liposuction based on the principle of the use of radiofrequencies. It is recommended for older clients with a poorer skin quality. In combination with oscillatory liposuction, this is the most suitable liposuction method for areas with slightly flabby skin or for the area of the back, where the device strengthens and tightens the skin.
BodyTite can also be used for removing cellulite. In addition, it reduces swelling and bruising during the treatment and remodels collagen fibres. BodyTite has special extensions for liposuction of double chins (NeckTite) and for face tightening (FaceTite).
How does radiofrequency liposuction work?
- It is done under local or total anaesthesia depending on the areas to be treated.
- For optimal results, it is combined with tumescent liposuction (see section on classic liposuction).
- Fat is sucked with soft cannulae that are applied through a small puncture (5 mm).
- An external electrode works on the skin surface and takes the temperature to prevent excessive warming of the tissue, an internal electrode works under the skin.
- The radiofrequency energy flows between the electrodes and causes lipolysis - fat break-up.
- After completion of the procedure, you are dressed into special compression underwear.
How do you prepare yourself for liposuction?
1) Make an appointment with our plastic surgeon.
2) One week prior to the planned surgery, you must provide us with results of both a laboratory and internal preoperative examination. You can undergo the examination at your general practitioner or directly at our clinic one day before the surgery. You must take into account that in this case the surgery might be postponed if the results are not within acceptable limits.
3) Do not take any medications containing acetylsalicylic acid, which influences blood coagulation, for at least three weeks prior to the surgery.
4) You should be fit and healthy and not have had any acute illnesses e.g. cold or viral infection, for at least two to three weeks prior to the planned surgery. Smokers should also temporarily give up smoking. Smoking significantly slows down the healing process.
5) You must come to the surgery on an empty stomach (the patient should not eat, drink or smoke for at least 8 hours prior to the surgery), at the agreed time, clean, with washed hair and no make-up.
6) After the surgery, you will stay at the clinic overnight and be released the following afternoon for home treatment.
7) We recommend you arrange help and transport by car when leaving for home treatment.
What do you have to do after the liposuction?
- After the surgery, it is necessary to rest for 7 to 10 days at home. We will provide you with antibiotics and medicines to reduce the swelling. You must not forget to take them regularly.
- You can take a shower about 4 or 5 days after the surgery. You can apply ointments such as Heparoid or Hirudoid to the bruises. This will help the body to absorb the bruises quickly.
- We recommend you only take off the elastic underwear for the time needed for personal hygiene.
- You must wear the elastic underwear constantly for 6 weeks after the surgery.
- About 2 or 3 weeks after the surgery you can start to perform pressure massages, at least 3 times per day for 20 minutes. We will advise you on how to perform the massages and when to start with them. Massages quicken the healing process.
- Sport and physical exercise are possible 6 weeks after the surgery.
- Going to the sauna or solarium is forbidden for the first 2 or 3 months.
- If the skin is pigmented, it is necessary to protect it from the sun, otherwise the changes in pigment could become permanent.
- The healing time after surgery is individual. Swellings and bruises usually persist for 2 weeks, before subsequently fading away.
- Stabilization of the scars often takes up to a year.
- You will be regularly invited for postoperative examinations. We will work to ensure that the result corresponds to your expectations.
Do you have any further questions concerning liposuction with the BodyTite method? If you do, don´t hesitate to contact our specialists. Make an appointment today.