Is your skin covered with unsightly dermal growths? You should definitely have them examined. Don´t hesitate. They may not only be aesthetically displeasing but they could hide dangerous health problems. Our specialists at the Asklepion Clinic guarantee the specialized removal of dermal growths. Make an appointment and get rid of them once and for all.
What are dermal growths?
Dermal growths can be of different shapes and origins. Classic growths are the most common and the least problematic. They have the same colour as the skin and can be especially found on the neck, in the armpits, on the eyelids, in the groin folds and on the breasts. These are an aesthetical problem that can be solved by every dermatologist.
Warts, naevuses and pigment spots or lesions are also categorized as dermal growths. They pose a greater risk to health and require proper examination before being removed. They can be a consequence of benign cell growth, whichafter several years without any complication can mutate into a carcinogenic growth.
On the Dermatology Ward of the Asklepion Clinic, we perform growth removal using the most modern procedures which provide the greatest degree of safety for every intervention.
What is the procedure for growth removal?
Growth removal under our specialized supervision is completely painless. The removal is preceded by a detailed examination that distinguishes benign, malignant or potentially malignant lesions.
- We are able to determine whether the growth is malignant, or whether there is a risk of it becoming malignant, using the DermoGenius device. The device is 99% accurate.
- If the specialists have ascertained that the growth can be removed, they will recommend an optimal procedure to the patient.
- The growths are usually removed with surgical resection or laser intervention.
- This way is absolutely painless because the growth is rubbed with an anaesthetic ointment that works for up to 2 hours.
- The doctor then evaporates the growth during a few seconds (for example with an Erbium laser).
- The wound closes up within three days after removal and completely disappears in a few weeks.
What to do after growth removal?
- The great advantage of having dermal growths removed by laser is that it has a minimum impact on your everyday activities.
- You can return to full work four days after the intervention.
- We do recommend avoiding bathing, having a sauna or sports activities which result in sweating for approximately one week after the intervention.
- It is necessary to protect the treated area from sunlight for two months after the intervention.
Would you like to get rid of your unsightly dermal growths? Make an appointment for a consultation and entrust yourself to the specialist care of our dermatologists. Our specialists can help you with acne treatment, or the removal of spider veins and striae.